Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

God Knows Everything



Sweet cat, sweet kid, right? So why have I wanted to send Ned back to the frozen north (a.k.a. Camp Bullfrog)? Let me put it this way: Two weeks ago I found myself poring over the different rake options at Lowe's. I finally decided that the garden variety rake with strong, solid tines was my best option for raking cat POOP out of the decomposed granite path and the GRASS. I have garden beds, I have sand piles, I have paths, I have another sand pile, I have grow boxes--so why was the cat POOPING on the lawn?!!!

Every day found me outside scouring our vast lawn for POOP. Have you seen the baby? I have enough POOP to deal with, thank you very much. Remember when I was buying Immodium last year for the other cat? No thanks. I was feeling very done with excrement. Nobody had any ideas for me (that means Mom and Steve) and I was ready to pitch a real fit. Here we were with weeks, endless weeks, of 82 degree weather, and I couldn't send the kids outside to play unless I went first and raked up the POOP. (Did I mention one of the cats sometimes needs Immodium? Fun.)

Then I remembered: "Cry unto him when ye are in your [backyard], yea, over all your [pets]." Alma 34:20. I prayed mightily to God. I told him that I knew he could inspire the cats to poop (yes, I used that word) in far more appropriate places as per the list above. I told him that I love the darn animals, and so do the kids, so please, please, please I didn't want to have to give them away.

Today, three days later, I went outside. He truly is a God of miracles.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious, Katie. You are VERY FUNNY!! And Ned is soooo cute, not to mention that little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last comment was made by mom, apparently i was still logged on at her house when she wrote that. just wanted to give her credit for the comment. i will have to completely agree with it all, very hilarious and i hope ned gets to stay. i can just imagine your prayer, that is very funny.

    ReplyDelete